Friday, May 18, 2007

Best intentions

I seriously have the best intentions when it comes to updating my blog. I even think of things I can type about each day. And, then...well, then I don't. Simple as that. I run out of time in the day and updating gets pushed to another day. Then I realize it's been a week or more since I've posted last.

It's a busy weekend for us. Patrick is being confirmed at church on Sunday. My parents are due here any minute now. So, that means I'm stressed. I wish they didn't have that effect on me, but they do. Patrick's baseball team is also playing in a tournament here in town. They play tonight at 8 and it's gonna be COLD! A friend of ours was playing last night at 6 and we went out there for the game. Oh man...it was freezing. Strange weather! Patrick is pitching, but I don't know if my parents will brave the late time and the cold. I'll tell you what, when I have a grandson, wild horses won't keep me away from his activities!

I just got done cleaning the house (you know...to pass inspection by my mother, the perpetual housecleaner). I should've counted all the bobby pins I found lying around. Rachel has to wear her hair in a bun for dance. But, when she gets home, she just takes her hair down wherever she is and bobby pins are everywhere. Going to have to have a talk w/ that child!

I'm going to get tough w/ the kids this summer. They've always had a few chores that they help with, but it's time they do more around the house. We'll be making up a list of jobs that need to be accomplished before they can do anything else this summer.

Wish me luck over the next few days....

No comments: