Saturday, September 15, 2007

Feeling like an adult

I've always had this problem with feeling like I'm an adult. I have no idea why that is, but I always feel like I'm not quite up to the same level as other adults. I don't mean that I'm immature or anything...it's kind of hard to explain....I just don't usually feel all that grown up. The past few days have changed that a bit. Thornton and I have had to step up to the plate to convince his Dad to have his mom hospitalized to figure out her medication situation. She is on way too many meds and, in our opinion, can take them innappropriately so that she is often very sedated during waking hours. It's been going on for a long time and I have felt it coming to a head lately. It had to stop and now it hopefully will. All of her medications have been stopped and they're starting over from scratch. We just got all of the medications out of the house. I kept telling Thornton that I hoped we were wrong in some of our accusations, but it doesn't appear that that is the case. She is going to have a difficult time coming up. It's going to be equally hard on my father in law, who recently retired and is now home to see what we've seen for far too long. And, it's hard on Thornton, who is angry at his mom for doing this to herself. I have to look forward to a positive end result. It may be a bumpy road getting there, though.

No comments: