Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Our new president?

Alison's school (a 4th and 5th grade center) voted yesterday and if they are right, later tonight we'll find out that Obama is our new president. 89% voted for him! Alison had made a poster for her choice of candidate: Braco Bama! How cute is that? All day I've been giggling about that.

The other day Rachel and I were commiserating about our eyes. She and I have the same extremely hooded eyes. Mine are much worse than hers, but she has the same issues w/ not being able to see eye shadow, top eyelid liner and smudging mascara if you don't keep your eye open, yet tilted until it's dry. I told her that she should just wait 'til she's 40 like me and then she'll really have something to complain about. Her response? "Wait!!! My eyes are going to look like that?" As if I'm some hideous monster! I have teased her mercilessly since.

Thornton and I have been attending a seminar at church called Financial Peace University. It's a Christian based financial and budgeting program by Dave Ramsey. We're not in financial trouble...we don't have any credit card debt at all. We have one car payment that we're going to pay off shortly after the first of the year, and our mortgage. That's it. So, in many ways, we're in good shape. But, we don't always know where our money goes, you know? Anyway, we've been budgeting better, spending only cash on groceries, gas, entertainment, clothes, etc. It's hard....and the kids don't always understand when we can't buy things they might want, but in the long run, it's going to be worth it.


Here's a picture of Millie on Halloween:



How cute is that??

1 comment:

katem88 said...

Hooded eyes?...just wait until your 60!