Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Being a parent

Sometimes being a parent just sucks. (I hate the word "sucks" and I don't let my kids use it...but after I typed "stinks" it just didn't seem to capture the mood...LOL!). Tonight I am going to have to tell Patrick that he can't do something that he wants to do and I can't really explain to him completely our reasons for making the decision. I know he's going to be mad, but there's nothing I can do about that. He has to realize that we have his best interest at heart and wouldn't do something to purposefully hurt him. It's a complicated situation and he's somewhat in the middle of it, which is exactly where we don't want him.

And besides, he'll now get to spend the entire weekend with us, his grandparents, his uncle, aunt and his cousins at the lake house. What could be more fun than that? Note to self....I've got to figure out a way of securing the little cabin for Thornton and me to sleep in so we don't have to be in the main house w/ all the noise!

No comments: