Thursday, August 02, 2007

Musical Diversion

Nothing gets you out of a bad mood better than a good musical (well, there *are* other things...). Last night I was in a bad mood and had the biggest sinus headache. My in-laws called to see if I wanted to go w/ them to see "Hairspray". I didn't really want to go...I wanted to wallow. But, a voice deep inside me said to go, and I'm so glad I listened. It was a very fun-loving and joyful movie. I never could get past the fact that the mom was John Travolta in drag...despite that critics say that you will. In fact, I thought he was the weakest link in the movie. The dancing was phenomenal. But...is it wrong for a 39 year old woman to have a crush on a 19 year old guy? Zac Ephron is yummy....'nuff said. I'm counting down the days to High School Musical II, along with Rach and Ali...LOL!

No comments: