Sunday, October 28, 2007

Whoa....it's been a long time!

Wow...I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd blogged. I *think* about blogging a lot, I just don't seem to get around to it.

Last weekend we gave our Husky, Mia, away. We've known for a while that we needed to do it, but we just kept putting it off. She needed somewhere to run where she'd have more room. She was able to get out of our fenced backyard and our neighborhood has a very strict leash law, so it just didn't work. Anyway, she's now living in Indiana and we think she's probably very happy.

Our cat, Ozzie, actually seems to miss Mia. For the first few days Ozzie walked around whining (more than his usual!). He kept going into the downstairs bathroom (where Mia's bed was) and whining. It was so sad. I bet he was thinking, "wait a minute....am I next?"

Last night we took the girls to a Contemporary Christian concert (Patrick got a better offer!). We saw Mandisa (of American Idol fame) and Matthew West. It was so amazing to see the girls jumping up and praising Jesus w/ reckless abandon. They love Jesus!

It's been a frustrating week w/ the business. I had a shipment of containers go missing on their way to me from the factory. The company wanted to wait it out in hopes that they would arrive. I understand their stand, because I've been in the same boat myself before. But, I needed those containers! They are arriving 1/2 tomorrow, 1/2 Tuesday (they finally resent), so I'm going to be crazy busy getting sale orders out. It makes me mad when I have no control over the situation!

I'm waiting for Thornton and the kids to get home from church tonight so we can go "Boo'ing". If you've not had the pleasure of Boo'ing someone, you're really missing out. The kids dress in all black and we have bags of candy made up, along w/ a poem and a ghost cutout. Here's what the poem says:

The air is cool the season fall
Soon Halloween will come to all
The spooks are after things to do
In fact, a spook brought this to you
“BOO” is a shield from witching hour
Just hang it up and watch its power
On your front door is where it works
It wards off spooks and scary jerks
The treats that came with crypted note
Are yours to keep, enjoy them both
The power comes when friends like you
Will copy this and make it TWO
Then others here among our friends
Will give warm fuzzies that do not end
We’ll all have smiles upon our faces
No one will know who “BOO”ed whose places
Just one short day to work your spell
Or a big ZAP will strike your tail
And don’t forget a nifty treat,
Like something cute or something sweet
Please join fun, let’s really hear it
And spread some “BOO”s and Halloween spirit.

It's fun because the kids really get into it. They commando crawl up to the front door, ring the bell, drop the bag and fly back to the van. It's hysterical to watch people come out and wonder why no one is there, then see the bag of candy. Such fun!

No comments: