Thursday, January 04, 2007

Gotta vent

OK...I don't do this often, because I like to keep a positive attitude. But, someone has to explain this to me. My mom always gives me a list from which I choose what to purchase her and my dad for Christmas. They don't want you to vary from this list, and if you do, they won't like it. I've learned that over the years. This year, my mom went one step further and actually bought themselves 2 gifts that they then wrapped and had me fill out a gift tag for the kids to give to them. Why? I have no idea...but they did it and there was no sense in my questioning it. My mom got herself that Hands Free can opener thingy and for my dad, this hand massager thing. The can opener was $20 and the massager I've seen in the stores for $10, but my mom said she paid $20. So again, I didn't argue...it's just easier not to. Before my parents left after Christmas, my mom made a point of mentioning that I needed to mail her a check for $40.

I was on the phone with mom the other day and she again asked if I'd mailed the check yet. I hadn't because I really forgot about it. I told her I'd mail the check. Then she tells me that they returned the can opener to the store because it didn't work well. AND, that they were returning the coffee cup warmers I got them because they weren't exactly what they were wanting. Why she feels the need to tell me they didn't like their stuff, I don't know...it'd be much more gracious just to return it and not mention it. Then at the end of the call, she again has to confirm w/ me that I was mailing her a check. So now I'm paying her $40 for $30 in gifts and they've already returned for cash like $40 in gifts. Ummm....OK. You'd think they're hard up for money, but that's not the case at all.

Done w/ my vent. I suppose I should go write the check and be done with it. But I don't wanna!

No comments: