Friday, January 12, 2007

On a mission

Last night, Ozzie, our cat decided to stay up and bother us. He started out in Thornton and my room and spent time ripping newspaper with his teeth. He refused to stop until I got up and and got the newspaper away from him. I finally fell back asleep, and then Ozzie decides that even though his food dish is full, he should try to rip into the bag of his food on the dresser with his teeth. In my sleepy haze, I finally picked up a pen from the nightstand and chucked it in his direction. Apparently, I have bad aim in my sleep. So, then I had to get up and hide the bag of food. Then Ozzie must've decided I'd had enough, so he headed downstairs to Rachel's room, where both she and Alison were sleeping (yes, they have their own rooms, but they sleep together almost every night!). Ozzie got a hold of a little jingle bell and started batting it all over the bedroom, waking both girls. They finally were able to get the bell away from him.

So...my mission today is to wake Ozzie up any time I see him sleeping! Thornton asked if I was doing this to get Ozzie back to sleeping at night and while I probably should've just agreed w/ that logic, I told him the truth. Truth is, I'm waking him just to be ornery! That'll show him to mess with me!!

No comments: