Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sign of the times?

We went out to eat for lunch at a local restaurant. After finishing, Patrick and I left to run next door to the grocery store. Thornton and Rachel stayed in the restaurant to wait for the check. When Thornton went up to pay, the waitress, who we know fairly well said, "see those 3 ladies over there? Well one of them just asked me if I knew you (meaning Thornton), because you were acting suspiciously w/ the young girl". The waitress assured the lady that we were regulars and that Rachel was Thornton's daughter. Apparently the lady walked by the table when Thornton was goofing around w/ Rach and he was saying "What's your name? Is it OK if I call you "Rachey"? They were just totally being goofballs and I guess the lady thought that Thornton didn't know her?? She must've thought that he'd kidnapped her or something.

I guess I understand how this could've happened based on the kidnapping case(s) that happened near St. Louis recently...but it was really just a strange occurence.

No comments: