Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My worlds collide

Last night I was sitting in the sun room working on sewing trim onto a tutu that will be used during the ballet Sleeping Beauty. I was watching Cardinals baseball on TV at the time. It dawned on me that these two activities - baseball and ballet - have become a big part of my life.

Granted, baseball always has been in my life. I grew up a tomboy and could tell you about anything you'd ever want to know about the game of baseball. I will always love the game. The fact that Patrick is a baseball player now means that we spend many, many days at the ball diamond.

Ballet was not something that I was interested in as a kid. It was kind of the opposite of who I was, to be honest. But, Rachel was born dancing. She started dance lessons the day she turned 3 and has been dancing ever since. I now spend time shuttling her to and from dance and ballet company rehearsals. Since we live 20 minutes from town, it doesn't always make sense to go home while she is in rehearsal, so I watch. And, I've fallen in love w/ the beauty of ballet.

So, working on a tutu while watching baseball is a perfect combination to me!

No comments: