Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What do you say?

The kids have caught me tearful the past few days while watching coverage of the shootings at Virginia Tech. How do you explain to a child the fear a parent feels when they have to send their child out into the world every day and trust God that they will return safely to you? I do have great faith in God, but evil exists and my heart hurts to think of the pain others are feeling right now.

This week is busy for us. Rachel is in Sleeping Beauty with the Springfield Ballet Company and this is tech week. So, she and I will be out at the Auditorium every night. I'm working on the costumes, which I really enjoy. Alison was with us last night and was entranced w/ watching the girls dance. Her dance teacher is the Ballet Mistress w/ the company and Alison just walked herself right up on stage and plopped herself down next to Gina. Her ballsy-ness cracks me up (and somewhat unnerves Rachel...who would never do something like that).

No comments: