Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Amazing Race

I love The Amazing Race, but I decided yesterday while watching what a joke it would be if Thornton and I were to go on that show. We'd laugh the whole say through it! We're pretty lame at navigating around places we're not familiar with. When we were in Boston w/ the kids, we got lost so many times that the minute we'd get in the van, while we were still in the parking lot, the kids would ask, "are we lost?" Funny kids. Then this morning, Thornton and I took our cars up to the gas station to fill up. I'm driving my FIL's car since we still haven't bought another car. I pulled up to the pump, got out, and realized that the little door (I'm sure it has a name...but I'm drawing a blank) was on the other side. I got back in the car and drove around to the other side of the pump, got out and realized that I hadn't accomplished anything...the little door was still on the other side. At this point, Thornton is laughing his head off at me. So, I get back in the car, finally pull up to the pump on the correct side, hop out, go to the pump, only to realize that you have to hit the lever inside the car to open the little door. I'm in a full on laugh by this point, too. I go back, hit the lever and am relieved that Thornton then took over and pumped my gas. So, yeah...can you imagine us on The Amazing Race? We'd be the first contestants ever to not arrive at the Pit Stop.

No comments: