Wednesday, March 01, 2006

deep recesses of my brain

It's so strange how the brain works. I designed this great new scent that combines fresh fruit notes (apples, pears and grapefruit) with fresh air accords. I *knew* what I wanted to name it, but I couldn't think of what it was. Does that make any sense? I remember being on a High School church retreat at Camp Stronghold. I remember all of lying in the dark listening to a piece of music. We were supposed to listen to the music and come up with imagery that the music invoked. All I could remember was how much I loved that music. I was wracking my brain last night trying to come up with the name of the piece of music. Finally I remembered it was by Aaron Copeland (who I love...so I should've been able to remember the music!). My brain was just refusing to let me remember the title. I knew I could look it up on the internet, but I felt like I'd be failing myself and that memory if I did that. So, finally, I woke up this morning with the title: "Appalacian Spring"! And, it *is* the perfect name for this scent!!

No comments: