Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm so blonde!

Sometimes I wonder how I survive in this world. We switched cars w/ a friend of ours, because one of their cars is in the shop, the husband is out of town all week, and their remaining car is stick shift, which the wife doesn't drive (are you following me?....) So we let her borrow my car and we're driving theirs. I haven't driven stick shift in about 15 years, but I thought I would remember. So, the other night I drove it just to the local gas station in town as a "test drive". Patrick came along w/ me. Well, I stalled the car twice! I also had some trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd. Patrick was laughing his head off at me. Then I drove the car yesterday to pick up Rachel from dance. I stalled the car twice again! Then, I figured out my problem....what I thought was 1st gear was really 3rd gear!! So, I was starting off in 3rd gear and shifting from 3rd to 2nd when I thought I was going from 1st to 2nd. Ugh!! Now that I've got it figured out, I've had no problems at all.

Then, this morning Dora the Explorer was on the TV while I was working on the computer. Dora says, "is this a 3 toed sloth footprint?" and there's a picture of some animal footprint on the screen. I looked at the screen and thought, "how in the world am I supposed to know if that's a 3 toed sloth footprint...I don't even know what a 3 toed sloth looks like". Well...duh...the footprint had 4 toes...

I'm far too blonde some days.

No comments: