Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rain, Rainbows and Pumpkins

We've gotten quite a bit of rain over the past two days (enough to cancel Patrick's baseball game today, at least!). Why is it that our lawn doesn't seem to be greening up at all, but the weeds have gone nuts? Seriously, we grow weeds like nobody's business. Sad, but true.

On my way home from church tonight, I saw a rainbow in the sky. When I turned into our subdivision, I started noticing lots of people standing outside on their driveways or their front stairs w/ their kids watching the rainbow. It was so heartwarming!

A friend stopped by to pick up her son, who had spent some time over at our house. She asked me if we were growing pumpkins by our front door. I told her we weren't and thought she was crazy. Then I looked....we ARE growing pumpkins by our front door!! Last Halloween's pumpkin had disintigrated into mush and must've run into the dirt by our front door (it's mixed in w/ a low growing evergreen of some sort). Well...it grew! And it's now growing HUGE! We decided, as strange as it is, we're going to continue growing our pumpkin by the front door and see what happens. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen...and it's *so* the kind of thing that would happen to us.

So, it seems, we can grow pumpkins and weeds. We're so proud!

No comments: