Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Momma Bear

I wonder if I'll ever get over the feeling of being a Momma Bear wanting to lash out at people who upset my children. Alison just had a friend over and they weren't getting along very well. I came downstairs to do some work on the computer and Ali came down crying. She said that her friend had told her she had ugly teeth and was making fun of them. Alison does have a huge space between her front teeth, but they are her only adult teeth so far, so there's still time for it to close (or braces, of course). I'm telling you...it took all I had in me not to run upstairs and ream this little girl for making my baby cry. But, I contained myself. I did suggest she go home, however...it just wasn't working out today for a play date. And the Momma Bear needed to cuddle her cub.

No comments: