Saturday, September 23, 2006

Alison funny....

When Alison got home from school yesterday, I told her that she, Rachel and Patrick were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, along w/ their 3 & 2 year old cousins. It was my sister in law's birthday and we were all going out to eat. I asked Alison if she thought Grandma and Grandpa would be OK handling all 5 grandkids at one time. She got very quiet, paused for a long time and then said, "well....maybe if I helped them." That child just makes me laugh! I just told my father in law that story and he said that Alison and Rachel must've decided they needed time away from their little cousins, because they snuck off to the sunroom and played board games by themselves. Patrick and Grandpa ended up watching the St. Louis Cardinal game, which left poor Grandma handling the little girls all by herself. Isn't that the way it always is??

It was nice going out to dinner w/ Thornton w/out the kids. Love the kids to death, but time away is valuable too!

No comments: