Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wife Swap

First of all, I think that is a terrible namef or the show. Sure...the wives/moms do swap houses, but it makes it sound like it's all about husband/wife issues, when it's really a family deal. Anyway, I watched the show last night. Well, I didn't really "watch" it, but it was on while I was working. They always choose families that are obviously very different from each other. Last night, the father and son in one of the families were addicted to playing video games. They never left the house, practically! The other family were athletic kids who were overscheduled and always on the go. Of course, it was hard not to see a little of our family in the overscheduled family. Although in that family, the kids each had 2-3 sports going at the same time, and we stick to just one at a time. And those kids were starting to get resistant to be "forced" to do their sports and our kids beg to do what they're doing.

So...that's my disclaimer for our lifestyle. Oh, and Alison starts back in gymnastics tonight. She's very excited. I've been trying to talk her into taking dance, because she loves to dance. But, she's very resistant to the idea, so we're heading back to gymnastics.

Rachel and Patrick have been really getting along well lately. I don't know what the deal is! I guess I should just enjoy it, because who knows how long it'll last.

No comments: