Friday, January 20, 2006

A Blog: How Fun!!

OK, OK...I'll admit it, I read Colleen's blog at The Body Dessert Shop and I thought the idea was so cool...so I stole it. I've always wanted to keep up with a blog, and I think this is the perfect way to do it.

Here's some general info about me:

I've been married to Thornton for 14 years...15 in June. He was my college sweetheart and my first boyfriend ever. Awww...

Patrick, our son, turned 13 in December. He hit a major growth spurt since this summer and now is 5' 9 1/2" tall! He's a great kid! He's a baseball player and loves to pitch. He already throws a 75 mile an hour fastball.

Rachel, our daughter, will turn 10 on Tuesday, 1/24. In many ways, she's the classic middle child. She loves to pull the "poor me" card, but mostly is very good natured. She's a dancer...she's been taking dance since the day she turned 3. She went on pointe last year and was chosen for our production of "The Nutcracker" this past Christmas.

Alison, our youngest, is 6 1/2. She's our wild child. Actually, she's the child my in-law's hope Thornton would have to get back at him for his crazy childhood! She never stops moving. We've started her in gymnastics and she's a natural! Finding an outlet for her energy will be a good thing, too.

My husband, Thornton, is Director of Music at our church. He's a talented pianist. I am blessed with getting to hear his music all the time.

I started Cleanse Your Soul in October of 2003 as a way to make presents for friends, teachers, etc. It quickly grew into a business. In October of 2005, I lost my job at the hospital I worked at when they downsized. I panicked! Little by little, we started to realize how awesome it would be to make Cleanse Your Soul my full time job. So, scary as it is...that's what we did! I love being home when the kids get home from school and having more time to spend with them. It's still scary, but it's been such a blessing!

No comments: