Wednesday, January 25, 2006

But, I'm not in 4th grade!

Rachel has this assignment in school. Each child had to pick an historic character and they have to write a report on that person. Easy enough. Nope....they also have to DRESS like that character while giving their speech. Great. Don't teachers realize that an assignment like that is really a burden on the parents? Rachel chose Betsy Ross. Thank God for my Mother in Law who is making a period dress for Rach to wear. We found an appropriate hat at the Party Tree. I told her that she should've picked a famous ballerina, because she already has everything she needs for that costume. Of course, her response was, "But I don't know any famous ballerinas!" Guess I'll have to do some research for her on that. One girl is doing Amelia Earhart...didn't she wear one of those leather helmet things? No way...I would've made Rachel choose someone easier!

No comments: