Sunday, January 29, 2006

You're getting sleepy...

We survived Rachel's slumber party Friday night. Actually, the girls were all very well behaved and respectful. They didn't sleep much...but there's not much to do about that. I made it just fine 'til midnight. Then from midnight to 2 a.m., I was OK, but cranky. We had the girls all in the sanctuary with a movie on the bigscreen. Of course, they'd get up with a million different excuses. Finally I told Thornton that I *had* to go to sleep. He handles less sleep way better than I do. I found a couch in the library and finally fell asleep around 3 a.m. Woke up at 7. 4 hours sleep doesn't do it for me.

We got home around 10 yesterday and I decided to lie down for a little bit. It was the strangest feeling...it was like I was drugged. I tried to wake up many times, but I just couldn't. I finally woke up at 6 p.m.! I have no idea what happened! Of course, then, when I tried to fall asleep last night, I was wide awake. Finally fell asleep at 2 a.m. and had to get up at 6:30 for church. Yeah...this is a very bad pattern! Got home from church and lunch at 1 p.m. and just took another 2 hour nap. It was unintentional. Honestly...I was trying not to fall asleep. I have got to get back on a normal sleep pattern.

Alison seems hot to me....I sure hope she isn't getting sick. Patrick has Junior High Youth Group tonight and Rachel is going along to keep a friend company (her friends are helping w/ youth group). So I told Alison that I would spend the whole night taking care of her. I finally got my 4 oz. body cream bottles in, so I need to work on filling those up, but I think Alison needs some TLC, so when she needs me, she gets me.

I think Patrick must've had another growth spurt, because lots of people came up to me in church today commenting on how tall he's gotten. It's been a strange transition relating to having my child tower over me. He's turning into a man right before my eyes....

No comments: