Friday, June 16, 2006

Two chickies home now

I drove up to Bloomington to pick up Patrick from camp (a day early). His baseball team has an 11 a.m. game in St. Louis tomorrow morning, so we needed to get him a little early to have time to throw and hit today so he wouldn't pull a muscle or anything. It was amazing to see how close the kids get to each other in just a week at camp. Patrick talked the whole drive home about how amazing camp was. I love that he gets a week in the summer to be a complete kid. No pressures of baseball or anything. Just fun.

I saw Rachel while I was there, but she was very clear that she was NOT leaving w/ me (not that I was planning on taking her!). She was reveling in getting to stay at camp for the whole week this year, since she was finally old enough. So, back up to Bloomington tomorrow to pick her up. I could have someone else bring her home, but I just can't do that....I want to get her!

Then, I'll have all 3 chickies under my roof again. Well, unless Patrick's baseball team ends up seeded 2nd in the tournament and stays in a hotel in St. Louis tomorrow night (he'll have to stay w/ a teammate, since Thorn and I have to be in church on Sunday morning). But, I KNOW for sure that Sunday night I'll have all my chickies under my roof again.

Thornton has had a fever of 101 for the past 2 days. It seems like what Alison had...although he says that his whole body aches. He's feeling a little bit better now, but that might just be because the Motrin is working. I sure hope he feels better soon!

No comments: