Friday, August 18, 2006

Counting down the days

School starts on Monday. And I'm not completely sure how I feel about it. I mean, sure...I'm glad they're going back to school, because they really need it and they are ready to go. The bickering has definitely increased at our house this past week. But, this was my first summer at home with them, since I used to work full time, and I had such high expectations of what the summer would be like. While we didn't accomplish much...didn't get any big projects done...I think it was a great summer. I suspect I'm going to miss having the kids around during the day. They are growing into such amazing people.

I hope it doesn't rain tonight (it's supposed to...). I'm hoping to take Rachel to see The King and I out at the Muni. She was thisclose to getting cast in the show and she has a couple of friends who are in it. If not tonight, I think we can go on Sunday, but since it's not usually over 'til 11:30 or so, that might not be the best idea w/ school starting the next day. At least it's just a 1/2 day the first day of school.

Alison's little friend is home from her extended camping trip, so I know the two of them will be playing together all day.

Patrick is going on a Junior High church retreat tonight through Saturday afternoon. They're going out to my in-law's lake house about an hour from here. I hope the weather cooperates, although they'll have a great time no matter what. It's so awesome out there. They could have a blast playing in the woods in the rain.

No comments: