Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tick Tock Tick Tock

OK...the kid's rooms are all clean (well, I haven't checked Patrick's yet...he was *supposed* to clean it....) and ready for them to be tucked in. Tomorrow is the day...school starts! They've each already picked out their outfits for tomorrow.

I remember that for my first day of 6th grade (Middle School) I wore jeans and this longish teal blue shirt w/ squiggly patterns on it with a gold stretchy belt around the shirt. The height of fashion. On my way home from school that day I heard some friends talking about me and saying, "did you see what Judy was wearing?" I immediately became incredibly self conscious....a feeling that stayed w/ me through high school. Ugh...I wouldn't relive those years for anything. Good thing my kids are WAY more confident than I was.

No comments: