Thursday, August 24, 2006

Messing w/ his mind!

Patrick called from school yesterday to tell me that he forgot his baseball cap (he had a game after school) and asked if I could bring it to him. Now, mind you, I had asked him on the way to school if he had all of his uniform, to which he answered w/ great attitude, "Yes". So...I decided to mess w/ the boy. I told him that I had already had to run Rachel's glasses to school that morning (which was true) and that I really didn't think it was fair to expect me to make another trip just because I have forgetful kids. Then I asked him if he could just borrow someone else's hat that wasn't playing in the game. He got really quiet and said softly, "really?" HA! He's so easy to mess w/! Then I told him that we'd bring the hat to the dugout right after school got out. Of course, then, we met up w/ one of Patrick's coaches, so we told him to first give Patrick this baseball cap from 2 years ago that doesn't fit him and tell him that it's the only hat we could find. The coach laughed and agreed to play along before actually giving the correct cap to Patch. Ahhh....I love being a parent!

No comments: