Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Authenticity

I've been thinking a lot lately about being the person I'm meant to be. I feel very comfortable w/ myself...but that's been a long process. I wasn't a confident kid. My teen years were hell. I was so insecure. I met Thornton in my 20's, but it was still a time of figuring myself out. I honestly didn't know who I was or what I was meant to be. Now I'm 38 and while I certainly don't have it all figured out, I feel like I'm getting closer to knowing what's right for me. When I worked full time in the corporate world raising money, I was good at what I did, but I never felt all that comfortable doing it. I didn't like having to spend my time pretending to care about the lives of the wealthy in town just to garner donations. I felt like, although I enjoyed my job, I was just biding my time. When I lost my job in October, it opened the door for me to continue on the journey to figuring out what I am meant to do. Being home full time has been an adjustment. Financially, it can be challenging. But, I feel like it's right. I love being able to tell people that if they ever need anything during the day, I'm available. I think maybe that's why getting older doesn't bug me....each year has been such a time of growth that I can't wait to see what will unravel next.

No comments: