Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back to school!!

Yea! The kids went back to school today after having last week and yesterday off for Spring Break. I'll admit, I've got to get this all figured out before summer, because I really didn't get nearly what I needed to get accomplished when they were around all day. They have to understand I need to work w/out tons of interruptions and I need to realize that I have to buckle down!

We cleaned out the pool on Sunday evening. We didn't get it closed up real well at the end of the season, so it had tons of leaves and gunk in it. Thornton and Patrick got it all shop vac'ed out and then the girls helped scrub it all clean. It's filling up right now. Granted, it'll be COLD water for a while, but it's nice to have that task done w/.

Patrick had a track meet yesterday. He did well in his individual races, but he was really disappointed w/ the results of his relay. They had to race against 8th grade teams (they are 3 7th graders and a 6th grader), and Patrick runs the 2nd leg. After those first 2 legs, they weren't too far behind the 8th graders, but the 6th grader running the 3rd leg really had a bad race and they ended up coming in last. Patrick was not happy. I tried explaining to him that as long as he does his best, that's all he can do.

No comments: