Monday, April 03, 2006

Vacation

My best laid plans of blogging while on vacation were quickly thrown out the window. Sure, I *could've* blogged, but the reality was I didn't want to!

We had a great vacation! We went to Bradenton, FL, which is south of the Tampa/St. Pete area, on the Gulf. My in-laws rent a house down there for 6 weeks. The first part of the vacation, the weather was chilly in the low 60's. The pool at the house was supposed to be heated, but it didn't seem to be. The kids didn't seem to mind the cold water, though. I got in a couple of times when it was cold and it took a LONG time to get used to it. Our last 4 days there, the weather was in the 80's and beautiful. We went to the beach at Anna Maria Island twice and had a great time. It was perfect...not a ton of people, amazing sand and perfect weather. We even saw dolphins swimming out where we had been swimming just moments earlier.

I'll post vacation pictures later. I got some great ones!!

Now, it's back to reality. The kids are back in school this week, then have next week for Spring Break. We couldn't go on vacation then because Thornton has to be here for church, since it's Easter season.

Rachel auditioned for the trainee program w/ the Springfield Ballet Company. We'll find out tomorrow, I think, if she's made it. There are only 25 spots, so I hope she did. This is the first year she's been old enough to audition, so we'll just have to see.

No comments: