Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Stupid Oprah

Yesterday's Oprah was about marriage. Except, it didn't put a positive spin on marriage at all. Lance Armstrong's ex-wife was a guest, along w/ that psychologist person that she has as a guest a lot. They both talked about how so many woman lose themselves when they get married. And Oprah says, with this superior look on her face, "Exactly! That's why I've never gotten married!" Good grief...I'm sorry if she's so selfish that she isn't willing to share herself unconditionally w/ a man. But I am! And, let me tell you, I've become more of a person, not less, since getting married almost 15 years ago. I think both Thornton and I have grown because of each other. So, there, Oprah...you don't know everything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read "My Stroke of Insight" in one sitting - I couldn't put it down. I laughed. I cried. It was a fantastic book (I heard it's a NYTimes Bestseller and I can see why!), but I also think it will be the start of a new, transformative Movement! No one wants to have a stroke as Jill Bolte Taylor did, but her experience can teach us all how to live better lives. Her TED.com speech was one of the most incredibly moving, stimulating, wonderful videos I've ever seen. Her Oprah Soul Series interviews were fascinating. They should make a movie of her life so everyone sees it. This is the Real Deal and gives me hope for humanity.