Monday, May 01, 2006

The weekend report

We had a great couple of days in Columbus, OH for the wedding of the son of friends of ours. Thornton did all the music and it was wonderful! We had some free time on Saturday, so I took the girls to the Columbus Zoo. This is the zoo where Jack Hanna used to work. We try to get to as many zoos as possible with the kids, so we've seen tons of zoos. But, wow...this one was really impressive. We only had 3 hours there and we probably only saw 1/3 of what was there.

The wedding was at so beautiful. We've known Ryan since he was in 8th grade, so we've seen him grow into a fine young man (he's 24 now). It was a joy to see him find his love. We had to leave the reception early since we had to drive back to Illinois in order to be in church for Sunday morning (since Thornton works there!). We left at 8 p.m. and got home at 2 a.m. Thornton had napped while the girls and I were at the zoo, so he was rested. I, however, was not...but I couldn't fall asleep in the van. All the kids did, so that was good! We got home, got everyone settled and then I tried to sleep....but I couldn't! Finally around 3:30, I fell asleep. Thornton had to get up at 6 to get ready for church, so I was up then. Ugh...I was so tired in church. Thornton and I both took naps in the afternoon yesterday.

Now, it's back at it...Monday morning! Patrick has a track meet after school, assuming it doesn't rain. Alison had gymnastics at 4 and Rachel has dance at 6. Thornton has to work at The Hitting Center, so I'll be doing all the chaufering.

No comments: