Saturday, May 27, 2006

The stupidest present ever

Two years ago on my birthday, Thornton forgot to get me a gift. Well, actually, he probably didn't forget, he probably just didn't get me one. He's not a big gift-giver (despite the fact that I love presents!). So, that night he and the kids happened to be at the grocery store and decided to get me a joke gift. I explained to them that usually a joke gift is followed by a real gift, but that was not to be the case. Anyway, they bought me a SpongeBob SquarePants ice pack. Well, let me tell you, that present has probably comforted 100 boo boos in the past 2 years. It's always in the freezer and whenever anyone gets hurt, they get to use SpongeBob. Well, last night, when I went to bed, it was 90 degrees in our house. I love my husband, but I was not sleeping next to anyone when it's that hot. So, he gladly slept downstairs. I laid in bed hot and miserable for a while. Then....a brilliant thought hit me....get SpongeBob! I grabbed the ice pack out of the freezer, climbed back in bed and put SpongeBob behind my neck. Wow...instant relief from the heat! So, SpongeBob slept with me last night....until he wasn't cool anymore and I threw him on the floor.

The air conditioning repair guy is going to "try" to make it today to fix the AC. Otherwise, it'll not be until Tuesday. And it's going to be in the 90's the next few days. Wonder where I can get more of those ice packs.....

1 comment:

Judy said...

Come on We love that spongebob squarepants ice pack MOM!
-Rachel