Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Critical spirit

Dr. Phil was on in the background yesterday as I was working. He had on a husband who was extremely critical of his wife. This guy had a list of 75 things he felt his wife should be able to accomplish regarding housework. If the wife didn't meet his expectations, he'd either verbally criticize her or he'd huff and stomp around, making it obvious to the wife that he disapproved. Dr. Phil tried to tell the guy that he had a critical spirit and that he needed to love his wife for who she was, and not try to hold her to an impossible standard.

Then, last night I watched the Ladies short program in figure skaing in the Olympics. Dick Button, one of the commentators, also has a critical spirit. I know he was Olympic Champion back in his day, but skating has come a long way since then. He continually commented on the skater's "ugly" positions. Good grief, these skaters couldn't look ugly if they tried. I should've muted the TV....he was making me so angry w/ his comments.

So, I'm going to try very hard today to have a loving and accepting spirit.

No comments: