Thursday, February 09, 2006

Lunchtime with Alison

This morning before leaving for school, Alison begged Thornton and me to come eat lunch with her at school. We agreed, of course! It's such a joy to see her little face light up as she saw us walk down the hall towards her room. As she entered the cafeteria, she sniffed the air and said, "smells like breakfast". Sure enough...they had french toast sticks, sausage, potato smilies, fruit and milk. The teachers and visiting parents, however, get to eat the "good lunch". This fact has not passed by unnoticed by the little ones. Adults get a different lunch and it's so much better than what the kids eat. Today it was pork tenderloin, baked beans, veggies, mac and cheese and a salad bar. So, of course, being the good parents we are....we snuck Alison some of the good food!

I sure wish I could curl up with my snoring dog...but I gotta get back to work!

No comments: